Creating a niche website is great way to earn passive income through affiliate marketing and Google Adsense.
However, to create a niche website, you need a domain, hosting and a website building platform such as Wix.
This could then become quite expensive if you then wish to create more than one niche website.
Multiple Niche Websites = Multiple Incomes.
So it makes sense to make more than one.
But here’s the catch…
For each website you want hosted, you have to pay an individual monthly fee for each one.
This was a real kick in the gut for me as I suddenly saw all of my imaginary future profits disappear into hosting subscriptions.
But then I discovered HostGator. (I didn’t mean that to sound like an infomercial).
They offer a deal in their ‘Baby’ plan which allows you to host unlimited domains under one monthly payment of around $8.
Try Your First Month of Hosting with HostGator Basically Free
As you are now part of the DigiNo family, you can also get your first month of hosting for a just one cent!
You just have to use this coupon when at the checkout for your hosting plan:
But before you do that, you’re going to need a domain. So here is my go-to website for buying domains as I’ve found it to be really cheap and easy to use:
At Namecheap, you can get a domain for as cheap as $3.98 a year.
How To Get A Domain With Namecheap
So once you get to Namecheap.com, just type into the search box the keyword you want to be your domain.
If the ‘.com’ version of your desired domain name is taken, try ‘.net’ or ‘.org’.
Once you’ve found the domain name, just pay for it through the checkout on the website and bingo! It’s yours.
Now it is finally time to get that hosting account with HostGator.
The reason I like to use HostGator over other hosting sites is because they are really cheap and they offer some of the best support I’ve ever encountered.
How To Register Your Domain With HostGator
- Head over to hostgator.com
- Click ‘New Web Hosting Plans’
- Choose the ‘Baby’ plan in the middle
- Click the ‘Sign Up Now!’ button
- On the next page enter your domain name, e.g. ‘yourdomain.com’
- Enter the name in the ‘I currently have a domain name’ text box
Enter in the HostGator Coupon To Get The First Month For One Cent
In the appropriate text box, enter the coupon:
(click on the link above to be taken directly to the checkout screen for easy access)
So this means you pretty much have a whole month free to try HostGator out
After you have entered the coupon, pay for your hosting plan at the checkout.
Then it’s time to go back to Namecheap.
Link Your Domain Name To Your Hosting Account
- Log in to your Namecheap account.
- Go to the ‘Domains’ section located at the top.
- Click the ‘Manage’ button next to the domain you have just registered.
- On the left-hand side menu, click the link that says ‘transfer dns to webhost’
- Then you’ll see text boxes called ‘Nameservers’ – this will just tell Namecheap where your website is located.
- This may look a bit confusing, but don’t worry, it’s quite simple.
- To get the nameservers, open a new tab and check your email inbox for the first email from HostGator
- Look for the 1st nameserver, which should list an address
- And then a 2nd nameserver with another address
- And copy these over into the text boxes on the Namecheap tab
- Click save changes
- Now your domain name and hosting account are linked.
Now you can create your site through WordPress
- Go back to the email from HostGator
- Click the ‘Your Control Panel’ link
- Now look for ‘Quick Install’
- Once you’re in ‘Quick Install’, look for the WordPress option and click it
- Then click the new installation button, then see a few textboxes, leave first one blank, enter a username and password
- Then add in a nickname, email address, a website name and website description.
- Click the ‘Install WordPress’ button.
- Click the ‘Finish Installation’ button
- Now your website is ready to roll
- On the confirmation page, you will see a link to admin area of yoursite, as well as your username and password – save this or write it down.
- Now when you type in your domain name you just created into your brower, you should see your brand new wordpress site.
But it looks a little bland now right now…
Setting up your WordPress site
Head over to admin area by going to:
- Login with the username and password you created (and hopefully wrote down somewhere!)
- Then you can customise the look and feel of your website
- Go to ‘Appearance’ section and click the ‘Themes’ button.
- Find a theme you like, install and activate.
- Then go to ‘Post’ section and click ‘Add New’. Add text and images and click ‘Publish’.
There are loads of features to get your site looking sharp! It may seem a bit fiddly at first, (trust me, I battled with WordPress for a while) but you’ll get the hang of it.
So now you are ready to create your niche site and make some sweet sweet online money!
So here is the link again for Namecheap:
And here is your coupon for HostGator:
Click on the link for easy access to where to paste the coupon.
If you would like to support DigiNo, then use these links. I earn a commission from purchases made by using these links.