ManyCam is the perfect addition to any DaDaABC online English teacher’s classroom. But can you use ManyCam with Mac?
If you are unsure of what ManyCam is, read our previous article below:
Click the image to download the free version of ManyCam!
(Affiliate link – DigiNo will receive a small percentage of each sale to help keep creating content!)
Can I Use ManyCam With Mac?
You may have already discovered that ManyCam’s compatibility with Mac for your online classroom leaves a lot to be desired.
But don’t fear!
There is a way…
Here is a Step-by-Step Process on How to Set-Up ManyCam with Mac Computer or Apple MacBook
But before you begin, make sure you have everything you need:
- An Intel-based Mac – Click the image below to find a suitable Mac on Amazon (affiliate link):
- A Microsoft Windows installation media or disk image (ISO) containing a 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows 8 or later
- At least 55GB of free disk space on your startup drive
- A blank 16GB or larger USB 2 flash drive
You can find a 16 GB USB 2 flash drive on Amazon by clicking the image below (affiliate link):
- Make sure your Mac is installed with all the latest updates.
Follow These Steps To Set-Up ManyCam with Mac
- Back up your mac onto and external hard drive through Time Machine if you don’t have it backed-up already.
Click the image below to find an external hard drive on Amazon (affiliate link):
- Go to Bootcamp Assistant in your Applications
If these aren’t clear enough, then there is more detailed instruction here.
- After following the Bootcamp Assistant instructions, you now have to create a partition between Mac and Windows on your hard drive.
- Now Windows will be installed on your Mac after following the on-screen Windows installation instructions.
- You can switch between Mac and Windows by holding down the ‘Options’ key after restarting.
- Now that you are on Windows you simply have to go the ManyCam website and download ManyCam. (The free edition won’t have enough features for your DaDaABC online classroom).
You can purchase ManyCam from the official website by clicking the image below: