With Outschool, you can teach your skills online to groups of young learners all over the world and get paid.
How Teaching on Outschool Works
Here are some example subjects of classes being taught on Outschool:
- Harry Potter writing
- Minecraft Animation
- Dungeons and Dragons
As you can see, the only limit is your creativity when it comes to what to teach on Outschool.
- one or more expertise or passion to teach in your classes
- professional communication with the Outschool team and parents
- a reliable Internet connection (over 3Mbps upload and download speed)
- technical efficiency to effectively run online classes
- a good command of spoken and written English
- criminal background check and identity verification
- be at least 18 years of age
- resident of USA, Canada, UK, Australia or New Zealand
A teaching certificate or teaching experience is not required!
You set your rate and are booked by parents so earning potential can't be limited to set scale. Some teachers earn $40 per hour according to the Outschool website.
Becoming an Outschool teacher
- Sign up to teach on Outschool
- Follow the steps to submit your application
- You will need to tell us about yourself
- Record a short, introductory video on their platform (give detailed information about your teaching experience, your expertise in the topics your chosen teaching topics, and what you intend to bring to the platform!
- Start a background check (free, secure and private)
- One check is complete, your application to teach will be approved
- Upon approval to teach, you will be invited to schedule an optional one-to-one welcome call. This is with an existing Outschool teacher and is designed to help you get started.
Once hired with Outschool, you will now be able to…
- create class listings
- submit classes for review
- teach young learners from all over the world!