Simply click the button above and enter your mobile phone number (the application will be done through your mobile device)
PalFish is an app that allows you to chat and earn with adult ESL learners from all over the world from your mobile device.
Get paid talking over the app in English with adults as well as children…
PalFish offers two opportunities for teachers to make money. One is the Official Kids Course, and the other is FreeTalk…
PalFish Kid also provides an education platform for you to teach Chinese children from the comfort of your own home to help young students achieve their English goals.
- Minimum 3.5 hours per week commitment.
- The 3.5 hours per week have to be during Beijing peak hours.
- Peak hours are Monday-Sunday 6pm-9pm, and Saturday-Sunday 9am-10pm in Beijing time.
- Teachers are not required to work full shifts, just to ensure 3.5 hours during the peak times.
PalFish Official Kids Course Requirements
- Teaching certification (TEFL, TESOL or others)
- Have experience in teaching kids
- Native English speakers from Australia/US/UK/Canada/Ireland/New Zealand with a neutral accent
- Can be online for more than 10 hours per week (between 6-9pm)
Freetalk is for teachers who prefer to teach adults instead of children. However, you can also do this as well as the Official Kids Course.
Freetalk differs as it is a less guaranteed way to earn income, however it is much more flexible. You set your pay rate, as well as when you wish to make yourself available to be booked by adult learners.
Once you are booked, you will engage in an audio talk on your phone to help an adult learning practice their English. The student will pay your per minute rate, and PalFish will take a 20% cut.
PalFish Freetalk Requirements
To apply, simply download the app and make a profile. Your profile will then have to be approved before you can begin making yourself available to teach.
Don't meet the requirements? Plenty more fish in the sea…
Fast On-boarding Process
Another advantage of PalFish is the fast on-boarding process compared to other online teaching applications.
You can be booked as soon as your application is processed. So please note to have an idea of your availability before applying. Here is a video from a PalFish mentor to help:
PalFish Basics – Your First Bookings
PalFish Basics – Send Welcome Messages and Follow-Ups to Trial Students
PalFish Schedule Functions Tutorial
How Long Do You Need To Stay in the Classroom?
PalFish Trial Placement
Make up to $22/hour + Bonuses!