Whales English, also known as Sprout, is an online teaching school based in China.
It is designed for English learners between the ages of 5 to 15 with a registered student population of over 10000 and still expanding.
They have an average of 2-3 students in a class, and approximately over 4000 different classes with more than 500 native English-speaking teachers from North America and the UK.
Whales English Role
Looking for a fun and professional online teaching position with a stable income? Look no further! At Sprout/Whales English, they believe that teaching should be as enjoyable as it is rewarding, and by putting you in control of your own virtual classroom, they bring this opportunity right into the comfort of your own home.
They are looking for motivated, go-getter individuals with teaching experience under their belts. As an independent contractor, you’ll teach Chinese children under 15 using their curriculum – no lesson planning required!
- The classes: 50-minute full immersion English language group classes
- The pay: Base rate of $18-30 per 50-minute class, plus performance-based bonuses
- The curriculum: U.S. Common Core aligned lesson material, built from the ground up by our in-house team
- The timing: Must be available to teach during our peak hours
- The place: Conveniently teach from your own home – no commute!
- The necessities: All you’ll need is a computer, a strong internet connection, and a noise-cancelling headset – we provide the rest
- The benefits: You will receive ongoing professional development through our teacher training courses.
- The culture: You will learn about Chinese culture through classroom exchanges with our students.
Whales English Requirements
- BA degree or higher
- Experience teaching children (minimum of 1 year)
- Native English Speaker from the United States, Canada or the UK
- Desire to engage and inspire young learners
- At least one teaching certificate: state certifications, TESOL, TEFL, etc. (Preferred)
- ESL experience (Preferred)
Whales English Pay
Earn $18-$30 per 50-minute class, plus performance-based bonuses.
- Contract type: Independent contractor
- Start date: Immediately
- Contract term: 6 months
- Payment details: Teachers are paid through Payoneer on the 15th of every month
Whales English Hours
Hours: Minimum of 8 hours per week with peak hours on:
EST: 5:00 AM – 9:00 AM
CST: 4:00 AM – 8:00 AM
MST: 3:00 AM – 7:00 AM
PST: 2:00 AM – 6:00 AM
Hawaii: 12:00 AM – 4:00 AM
EST: 8:00 PM – 9:00 AM
CST: 7:00 PM – 8:00 AM
MST: 6:00 PM – 7:00 AM
PST: 5:00 PM – 6:00 AM
Hawaii: 3:00 PM – 4:00 AM
Whales English Hiring Process
- Step 1: First Round of interview (30 minutes)
- Step 2: Second round of interview (30 minutes of mock class)
- Step 3: Confirm the opening hour, paper work and sign the contract
- Step 4: Training
- Step 5: Rehearsal
- Step 6: Ready to teach once the students book the class.
Apply to Whales English
Just click the button below to apply: