Earn an online income teaching English to ESL students from your laptop!
Online English teaching experiences to 4-12-year-old children in China using innovative technology.
Requirements for Magic Ears
- Native English speakers from the US and Canada.
- A Bachelor’s degree or actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree.
- 120-hour ESL Certification is required.
- A stable internet connection and a good hardware.
Magic Ears Class Bookings and Hours
Magic Ears books the classes for you! You won’t have to market yourself to students’ parents like at other ESL companies. You may have repeat students but it is not guaranteed.
- Mon – Fri: 5pm – 9pm (BJT)
- Sat & Sun: 9am – 11:30am, 5pm – 9pm (BJT)
- No minimal hour commitment.
“Do I get the same recurring students or different students each time with Magic Ears?”
Answer: You can see different students in each class
Magic Ears Interview Process
1. Interview Demo (recorded or live)
At this stage, you can select between a recorded or a live interview demo. Both are evaluated using the same criteria, so it all depends on your preference! In the recorded demo, you will share a brief introduction and teach a short lesson on the letters “M & N” and keywords “Moon & Nurse.” This can be recorded on your computer, phone, or tablet. In the live demo, you’ll have a brief introduction with the interviewer and then they will act as your “student” for the lesson.
2. Training Video
When you’ve passed the Interview Demo stage, you will receive an email with training videos and an invitation to schedule your Trial Demo. Be sure to watch the video to prepare before scheduling.
3. Trial Demo
You will teach a 10-minute demo lesson to a trainer acting as your “student.” When your trainer stops the “lesson,” they will provide you with some feedback on your performance. ME will determine whether you move onto the next step or if you need a second Trial Demo.
It will be based on this lesson:
4. Background Check & Contract Offer
After passing the Trial Demo stage, you must complete a criminal background check before your contract can become official.
How Much Does Magic Ears Pay?
Magic Ears Base Pay
Magic Ears teachers earn up to $10 base pay per class ($20/hr) on their first contract.
In order to qualify for a higher rate, you must:
- Taught 3,000 online classes with other online English teaching companies*
- Taught 5,000 online classes with other online English teaching companies* AND hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in English Language Teaching, Early Childhood Education, or Special Education.
*Students must be Chinese; experience from multiple companies can be combined, but previous Magic Ears experience does not qualify.
Bonuses (extra $1 per class taught)
- Peak Time: earned by opening 60+ peak time slots per month
- Participation: earned by arriving in your first class 3-10 minutes early
With both bonuses, Magic Ears teachers can earn up to $12 per class ($24/hr) on their first contract. Magic Ears also offers opportunities for raises upon contract renewal.
Teachers can control their own cancellations through the “Cancellation” button in the Teacher Portal. Magic Ears provides teachers with four (4) free cancellations each month. Once they have used all four cancellations, our teachers can exchange the Peak Carrots earned by opening slots to close/cancel the slot.
Teachers also receive two no-show penalty removals per contract period.
Pros of Magic Ears
No minimal weekly teaching hour commitment.
Have bookings right after signing up the agreement.
Outstanding and interactive English teaching/learning platform with built-in games, video, and songs.
What’s the Magic Ears payment period and method?
- Payment period – monthly 10th
- Payment method? PayPal or bank transfer
Apply above to get the DigiNo stamp of approval!