International Open Academy's TESOL Certification course is fully accredited, internationally recognized, and will give you the start you need to be successful as an online teacher. It is also one of the most affordable TESOL certifications online.
An online teaching certificate is now mandatory in most online teaching companies' requirements.
DigiNo is partnered with International Open Academy, and can offer a discounted price
REGULAR PRICE = $119
Through DigiNo = $19
DigiNo earns an affiliate commission should you decide to purchase the course through our links. This commission comes at no extra cost to you and is a great way to support the site.
What is TESOL?
TESOL is an acronym for Teaching English To Speakers of Other Languages.
Do I Need a TESOL for Teaching English Online?
After the booming popularity of online ESL teaching, the Chinese Ministry of Education announced in late 2018 they would be introducing tighter requirements for teachers who teach Chinese k12 and middle-school students.
Late 2019 the transition of all major online English teaching companies requiring their teachers to have 120-hour teaching certificates. A list of these companies include:
Some companies such as VIPKid off their own TESOL, however, this TESOL would not be universally recognized by other online teaching companies outside of VIPKid. Many online teachers teach for multiple platforms so a TESOL such as this one would require them to do so.
TESL vs TEFL vs TESOL vs CELTA – What's the Difference?
TESL – Teaching English as a Second Language
Teaching English to non-native speakers who reside in a native English speaking country.
TEFL – Teaching English as a Foreign Language
Teaching English to non-native speakers residing in a country where English is not spoken as an official language. An example of this is China.
TESOL – Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
Teaching English to non-native English speakers either abroad or within your home country. TESOL is an umbrella term for both TESL and TEFL and therefore certification courses generally have a greater depth of learning material.
CELTA – Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults
Teaching English to non-native speakers as adult learners.
Does the TESOL Certification Take 120 HOURS to Complete?
This is dependant on your experience with teaching, the English language or education in general. Those who are more experienced may complete it in much less time.
Why to Choose International Open Academy for your TESOL Certification Online?
- The course is CPD certified. Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is the term used to describe the learning professionals engage in order to develop and enhance their abilities within their working life.
- Internationally Accredited by ICOES. International Council for Online Educational Standards.
- Accredited by TQUK. Training Qualifications United Kingdom.
- Instant PDF certification download upon passing the course. This allows you to immediately upload it to an online teaching company's application form.
- 24/7 access to the course material. You can do the entire course on your own time and at your own pace.
- The course has an actual human instructor for communication during the course.
- Around 60,000 students have taken the course. One of the most recommended courses by online teachers.
- The most affordable price for TESOL certification found by DigiNo researchers.
- It also has a 14-day money-back guarantee.
120 Hour TESOL Certification Modules:
Module 1: Teaching And Learning
Module 2: Linguistics
Module 3: Reading
Module 4: Writing
Module 5: Speaking
Module 6: Listening
Module 7: Pedagogy
Module 8: Lesson Planning
Module 9: Classroom Management
Module 10: Getting A TESOL Job